Get the weekend off to a flying start thanks to the Virtual Mayfly Festival from Orvis.
Wile lockdown is slowly beaing eased, festivals are still off the agenda, so Orvis has worked on a virtual festival that will run across its social media channels.
Starting on Saturday 16th May and running to Sunday 31st May, the festival aims to celebrate this special time of year for the fly fishing community. The online mayfly festival will be hosted on the Orvis Facebook and Instagram pages and will feature some well-known names.
Orvis recently commissioned a survey in which over 60% of surveyed people would like to spend more time in the countryside or take up more outdoor activities, as a result of the current lockdown situation in the UK. The festival aims to remove the barriers from your route into fly fishing.
Whether you’re a fly fishing fanatic or just keen to find out more, join Orvis to meet special guests via live Q&A’s, take part in its Learn How to Fly Fish 101’s, and enjoy Mayfly themed competitions for all ages.
The schedule of speakers due to appear on the Orvis Facebook page currently looks like…
- Monday 18th: Orvis Saltwater Fly Fishing Festival with Marina Gibson, James Doyle and Neville Broad
- Wednesday 20th May: Colin Mcleod, Live Q&A on his new book and tips for fly fishing for Mullet.
- Saturday 23rd May: Q&A Photographer and Videographer, Matt Dunkinson
- Tuesday 26th May: Orvis Learn to Fly Fish 101 with James Doyle – Intro to Rod, Reel and Line.
- Wednesday 27th May: Andy Ford – Talk on Producing ‘On The Bank’ – storytelling and production.
- Thursday 28th May: Orvis Learn to Fly Fish 101 with James Doyle – Introduction to Fly Casting
- Saturday 30th May: Q&A with Chef, Tim Maddams
- Saturday 30th May: Learn to Fly Fishing 101 with James Doyle – Nylon and Flies plus Q&A