With holidaymakers frequently opting to stay closer to home this year, every hotel is looking for an innovative way to provide an extra touch of luxury that makes them stand out from the crowd, like adding a treehouse. Obviously.
Ramside Hill Hotel, Golf and Spa, situated near Durham, has combined five-star luxury with its beautiful wooded surroundings by creating three individually designed treehouses. Each treehouse features three bedrooms, a private living room and a state-of-the-art bathroom with freestanding copper bath, as well as a wrap-around balcony with a sunken hot tub set before unrivalled views of the Durham countryside.
All three treehouses, newly built and only opened in 2020, are available in their entirety or can be split into individual suites, allowing for family stays or romantic getaways. All are dog friendly, too, so Fido doesn’t have to miss all the fun.
Alongside the complete privacy offered, treehouse dwelling guests can also take advantage of the other amenities available at the hotel, from the two championship golf courses and the hotel’s renowned restaurants to the multi-award-winning Spa, with its rooftop infinity pool and treatment suites.
“County Durham, with its historic castle and cathedral, is a popular destination,” says general manager, Tim Boyd, “but where our treehouses really come into their own is that they offer as much or as little solitude and privacy as each guest wants – combined with all the luxuries you would expect from a five-star hotel such as ours.”
“And,” he adds, “as autumn approaches and the leaves start to change colour, there really is nowhere more beautiful.”
Staying in a treehouse at Ramside Hall Hotel will cost you from £350 a night for a one-bed treehouse, while the three-bed option starts at £850 a night. A two-bed treehouse falls, rather predictably, in the middle at a starting price of £600 a night.
- Bamboo Boom: Bamigo Enters Premium Clothes Market With Cool Offering
- Luxury in the Leaves: Staycation in a Treehouse Hotel
- Glen Moray Reveals Distillery Edition Range, We Taste New Trio
- Discover Six-Star Luxury and Rugged Wilderness Onboard the World’s Finest Cruise Ship
- Enjoy Ocean-Inspired Recipes From Scenic Eclipse, the World’s Most Luxurious Cruise Ship
Latest posts by Sam Huff (see all)
- Bamboo Boom: Bamigo Enters Premium Clothes Market With Cool Offering - 19 September 2020
- Luxury in the Leaves: Staycation in a Treehouse Hotel - 15 September 2020
- Exclusive Social Distancing, Swedish Ecolodge Style - 13 July 2020